▲ Up
09:37 22-08-2017
АКИpress CA-News Tazabek Turmush
Iranian student burns himself to death at Georgia Tech University
12:16, 07 March 2014, 903

AKIPRESS.COM - Molotov An Iranian student burned himself to death with Molotov cocktails he had stockpiled inside his room at Georgia Tech University in the United States, Daily Mail reported today.

Officials confirmed the death of the student, Saamer Akhshabi on Thursday. He had burns on more than 90% of his body. Law enforcement officials investigating the case found in his apartment an apparent Molotov Cocktail and multiple plastic bottles filled with gasoline and kerosene.

Following the explosion, the student was taken in critical condition to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, where he died on Thursday.

The law enforcement officials determined that Akhshabi wasn't a threat to the Georgia Tech community, but it remains unclear what he planned to do with the explosive material found in his apartment.

According to his page on the Georgia Tech website, Akhshabi has been enrolled at the university since 2009 and was scheduled to graduate in May.

Full access to all news articles in English

1 month2000 somsubscribe
year20000 somsubscribe
These subscription fees are for private individuals only. Please contact us via phone +996 (312) 900-776 or email info@akipress.org for corporate subscription inquiries
© AKIpress News Agency - 2001-2017. All rights reserved
Republication of any material is prohibited without a written agreement with AKIpress News Agency. Any citation must be accompanied by a hyperlink to akipress.com.
Our address:
Moskovskaya str. 189, Bishkek, the Kyrgyz Republic
e-mail: english@akipress.org, akipressenglish@gmail.com;
Tel/Fax: +996(312)90-07-75