▲ Up
 akipress
15:54 22-09-2018
АКИpress CA-News Tazabek Turmush
ADVERTISE WITH US SUBSCRIBE
KazakhstanKyrgyzstanMongoliaTajikistanTurkmenistanUzbekistanWorld
POLITICSBUSINESSINCIDENTSSOCIETYCULTURESPORTANALYSISSCIENCE
akipress
MTS, Uzbekistan stop arbitration proceedings
Central Asia | business | 11:47, 18 November 2014 | 1045

AKIPRESS.COM - MTS Russian mobile operator MTS announced that the International Center for Settlement of the Investment Disputes (ICSID) has discontinued international arbitration proceedings between MTS and the Republic of Uzbekistan following the submission of a joint application by both parties, reports Telecompaper.

MTS and Uzbekistan signed a settlement agreement on July 31, the purpose of which was to resolve all disputes between the parties and enable MTS to resume operations in Uzbekistan.

In accordance with the terms of the agreement, on September 24, a 50.01 percent stake in the joint venture UMS was transferred to MTS, while a state-owned unitary enterprise Center for Radio Сommunications retained the remaining 49.99 percent stake. Assets, equipment and infrastructure, which were previously owned by Uzdunrobita, a former subsidiary of MTS in Uzbekistan, were transferred to UMS.

UMS plans a commercial launch of its network on December 1.

LATEST NEWS
15:44 Sulukta town celebrates 150th anniversary of town15:35 Bishkek International Half Marathon to be held in Bishkek15:20 Delegation of Republic of Komi arrived in Issyk-Kul region15:00 California prohibits full-service restaurants from automatically providing plastic straws14:37 National Security Committee opened criminal case against 20yo member of Hizbut-Tahrir terrorist organization14:30 Commission for combating financing of terrorism created in Uzbekistan14:15 Investment forum with participation of Kyrgyz companies and government agencies to be held in Seoul14:10 Congo confirms Ebola case at Ugandan border13:57 Several killed as gunmen attack military parade in southwest Iran13:40 Tanzania ferry tragedy: At least 136 dead after overcrowded boat sinks in Lake Victoria13:25 Financial police celebrated Day of Kyrgyz language and 90th anniversary of Chingiz Aitmatov13:10 Gulbara Kaliyeva elected as chairman of Supreme Court12:58 Rosselkhoznadzor denies import of 41 tons of grapes, nectarines, plums and pomegranate from Kyrgyzstan12:42 Baktybek Turusbekov appointed vice-president of Triathlon Federation of Kyrgyzstan12:21 Kindergarten for 17mln soms opens in Batken region11:50 Speaker Jumabekov lays wreaths to Heydar Aliyev’s grave in Azerbaijan11:38 Speaker Jumabekov participated in Milli Majlis session on occasion of 100th anniversary of Azerbaijani parliament11:14 New milk processing plant to be launched in Naryn region in 201911:01 Ambassadors of Kyrgyzstan and Benin to Russia discussed Kyrgyz-Benin cooperation10:45 Kyrgyz Prosecutor General's Office participated in meetings of Coordination Council of Prosecutor Generals of CIS and SCO in Dushanbe
© AKIpress News Agency - 2001-2018. All rights reserved
Republication of any material is prohibited without a written agreement with AKIpress News Agency. Any citation must be accompanied by a hyperlink to akipress.com.
Our address:
Moskovskaya str. 189, Bishkek, the Kyrgyz Republic
e-mail: english@akipress.org, akipressenglish@gmail.com;
Tel/Fax: +996(312)65-03-06