AKIPRESS.COM - Firefighters helped evacuate 98 people from an apartment building in Bayangol district of Ulaanbaatar, where a fire broke out on October 8, reports The UB Post.
An emergency call was received at 6.47 pm, with a report that there was smoke coming from the basement of Building 43. Once firefighters arrived to the scene, it was discovered that insulation material was burning in the basement, and the fire was contained and fully extinguished.
Smoke from the fire traveled from the first through the ninth floors, and firefighters evacuated the building’s residents to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
No serious injuries were reported in the fire. 69 people received medical attention, and 14 children received emergency care.
The cause of the fire was not reported.