|АКИpress CA-News Tazabek Turmush||ADVERTISE WITH US SUBSCRIBE|
AKIPRESS.COM - A 32-year-old Kazakh has jumped off a new public park converted from an old overpass near Seoul Station in the center of the capital, Yonhap news agency reported citing police.
The Kazakh, whose identity was withheld, jumped off the park at around 11:50 p.m. Monday and was rushed to a hospital but was pronounced dead at around 7:50 a.m. the next day. Police said they could not find a suicide note.
The incident took place just 10 days after the new park opened to the public earlier this month. The construction project for the park began in 2014, after Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon announced the start of the project to build a Seoul version of Manhattan's High Line Park.
A total of 835,200 citizens have visited the park as of Monday.
Police said they are investigating the details of the incident.