AKIPRESS.COM - Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Askar Mamin and Prime Minister of Mongolia Ukhnaagiin Khürelsükh, who arrived in Kazakhstan on official visit, attended the opening ceremony of the Kazakh-Mongolian business forum and visited the Astana International Financial Center, the press service of the Kazakh PM said.
Mamin noted that Kazakhstan and Mongolia have great potential for increasing investment cooperation, especially in the mining, transport and logistics, construction and agricultural sectors.
He spoke about the investment climate in Kazakhstan, urging businessmen of the two countries to actively establish business contacts, create joint ventures and implement mutually beneficial cooperation projects.
In turn, Khürelsükh emphasized that over the years of Independence and the transition to a market economy, Kazakhstan has managed to achieve great successes, ensuring stable economic development and a favorable investment climate.
Within the framework of the forum, representatives of the business circles of Kazakhstan and Mongolia in the presence of the Prime Ministers of the two countries signed eight documents:
- Agreement between Symbat Engineering LLP and Erdenes alt resource on the construction by Kazakhstani side in Mongolia of a refining plant for gold and silver processing and its commissioning. This project will be the first major technology investment of Kazakhstan in Mongolia;
- Agreement between the RSE National Center for the Integrated Processing of Mineral Raw Materials of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Mongolian Koeus Consulting on the creation of a joint venture for Construction of Innovative Ferrosilikoaluminium Alloy Production Plant;
- Memorandum of cooperation between the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan and the National Chamber of Commerce of Mongolia;
- Memorandum between SCAT Airlines and Mongolian Airways Cargo LLC on aviation maintenance, training of flight crews, ground handling specialists;
- Memoranda between the Kazakhstan Reaearch-Production Enterprise Antigen LLP and the Mongolian company Global Business Link on the development of bilateral export operations of veterinary immunobiological preparations and diagnostic tests, as well as joint investments in the production of veterinary drugs and the creation of training centers for veterinarians;
- Agreement between the Republican Center for Certification of Management Systems LLP and IPM Mon Sertf LLC on cooperation in the certification of management systems based on international standards.
- Agreement between DOSFARM LLP and Mongol Em Impex LLC on cooperation in the field of registration, sale and promotion of medicines in the territory of Mongolia.
The forum was attended by over 200 people — representatives of business circles of the two countries, national companies, authorized in the field of economics of ministries and departments.
After the opening of the forum, Mamin and Khürelsükh visited the AIFC, where they got acquainted with its activities in developing the exchange, the court and the international arbitration center.